- Responsible for grants applications, reporting, and management of all funded projects in relation to the college’s existing funding partners, with the exception of project grants and partners that contribute directly to the institute for mission and research’s work.
- Responsible for the secretariat of the university transition process which includes the following: administration of the secretariat; recording, reporting and storage of written accounts of the transition; and coordinating all transition events, including the logistics.
Terms of Reference:
- Responsible for grants policies and applications, reporting, and management of all funded projects in relation to the college’s existing funding partners, with the exception of project grants and partners that contribute directly to the institute for mission and research’s work. The specific tasks are as follows:
- Draft, recommend and monitor a set of policy guidelines for grant applications for the college.
- Manage the grant efforts of the college, including the following: documentation of payments and expenditure; the grants’ administration process; fund-raising activities; preparation of progress reports, both narrative and financial audits, compliance with the grants’ contract requirement and Fiji government financial and tax laws, and managing the grants’ database.
- Conduct relevant research to identify available grant opportunities, ensure that effective and authentic funding opportunities have proven track records, and establish a network of possible grant partners for the college on projects and institutional support.
- Draft and or review grant proposals according to the guidelines of grant partners and the college’s policy guidelines, and directly contribute to and collaborate with the grant writers, consultants or coordinators in the drafting and review of all grant proposals.
- Monitor the grants’ implementation to ensure that the grants are expended according to the operational and financial requirements as per the grant contract with the grant partners, and that the deadlines and deliverables are met as agreed in the grants contracts.
- Collaborate with the finance office to ensure the invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions in the successful execution of grant contract requirements, and in the preparation of the budget plans and allocation of project grants with the finance office in accordance with each grant partner budgetary requirements and college grants policies.
- Maintain records and provide reports on all grants contracts, both narrative and financial audits, to the grant partners and the Principal as required in the grants contracts, and prepare monthly reports for all grant activities to the Principal and the governing bodies of the college.
- Responsible for the secretariat of the college’s university transition process which includes the following: management and administration of the transition secretariat; recording, reporting and storage of written accounts of the college’s university transition; and coordinating all transition events, including the logistics. The specific tasks are as follows:
- Draft, recommend and monitor the work guidelines of the university transition secretariat in consultation with the internal transition team, the UTC chairperson and the WGs.
- Assist and collaborate with the chairperson of the UTC in relation to the execution of the logistical, financial and administrative activities and needs of the UTC and the WGs.
- Organize, implement and monitor all activities recommended and approved by the UTC in consultation with the UTC chairperson and the chairpersons of the WGs.
- Collaborate with the college fundraiser on the financial needs of the university transition projects and activities to ensure that the transition process is adequately financed.
- Provide and assist the college’s communications coordinator with the relevant information to inform the partners and the member churches, and interested persons on the college transition.
- Monitor the progress reporting of the university transition, and ensure that the proper storage of all records, both narrative and financial, pertaining to the college’s university transition.
- Ensure that quality narrative progress and financial reports of the work of the UTC and the WGs are compiled and presented to the UTC chairperson and the Principal.
Essential skills and abilities
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative. projects, and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong command in written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of the college’s overall business and its objectives.
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Ability to work and perform in a cross-functional team approach and responsibilities.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and internet.
The minimum educational qualification required is a relevant bachelor’s degree. 3-5 years of relevant work experience with regional and international funding agencies, and a minimum of 5-years project management is required.
Applications Close on Friday, 24th September 2021 @ 4.30pm.
Salary – FJ$15,000 per annum