The Pacific Theological College (PTC) located in Nasese, Suva, is a regional ecumenical tertiary institution that served the region through the churches of the Pacific for over 50 years. We invite applications for the position of Finance Assistant, to be part of a vibrant and dedicated regional team.
This role is for a highly organized and detail-oriented financial assistant to join our finance team. Knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping practices, as well as a strong work ethic, are required. You will assist with the day-to-day task in our finance department and play an integral role in maintaining account information, allocating transaction to the correct General ledger code and job costing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with the Finance team for the smooth operation of all finance matters.
• Support the Finance team by inputting sales and purchase into MYOB from source documents.
• Input accounting data (petty cash, supplier invoices, customer receipts and payments) into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
• Apply customer receipts to the customer accounts and invoice payments to the supplier invoices.
• Raise purchase order from the purchase requisition and facilitate orders to the vendors.
• Assist with accounts payable overflow.
• Review data entry for accuracy, proper approval and identification of the correct expense category, and ensure the correction of any errors or discrepancies.
• Perform reconciliation of all student allowances.
• Perform general clerical tasks including arranging for cheque signatories, bank runs, filing, scanning, photocopying, telephone enquiries and any other administrative duties.
• Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the College’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree, Majoring in Accounting.
• Strong knowledge of book-keeping and accounting principles.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of accounting software.
Closing Date is 10th February 2023
Submit applications with current CV along with references (required with the application) from at least two credible referees with their contacts. Applications can be submitted electronically to the Human Resources Manager by email to: email@example.com . Alternatively, send via postal mail to the address: Human Resources Manager, Pacific Theological College, Private Mail Bag, Suva.