The Pacific Theological College (PTC) located in Nasese, Suva, is a regional ecumenical tertiary institution that served the region through the churches of the Pacific for over 50 years. We invite applications for the above position to be part of a vibrant and dedicated regional team.
For all information regarding the requirements and the Terms of Reference, please contact Kini Nairi – email: email@example.com
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The staff shall uphold the Constitution of the College and shall faithfully and diligently perform the duties as Maintenance and Construction Administrator, outlined in these terms of reference. The staff shall work closely with the Principal to plan, coordinate and implement the property, and related work of the College to serve the mission needs of the Pacific Churches and to further the College’s vision and mission objectives.
A. Oversee the management and oversight of all maintenance, renovations and upgrading of students and faculty houses, and administration, JMMC, Etina Havea Centre, library and other college buildings, and construction work/projects, focusing on the following:
- Supervise and manage all maintenance, renovations and construction work.
- Liaise and consult with relevant authorities in relation to construction permits and legal requirements, for example, city council requirements.
- Source quotations and discounts, and deal with companies and or suppliers in relation to procurement or order of materials for construction, maintenance, renovations and office cleaning materials.
- Design and produce funding proposals for renovations, maintenance and construction projects for approval and fundraising.
- Responsible for the documentation, filing and safe keeping of all records of maintenance, renovations and construction works or projects.
- Deals with infrastructural requisitions and complaints from community and tenants regarding housing, plumbing, drainage, electrical, defects, etc.
B. Ensure the weekly briefings with the maintenance staff on work for the week.
C. Assist to initiate and develop plans to grow investments for college properties.
Provide updates on college maintenance, renovations and construction works to the community, churches and partners on all college projects through the college newsletter.
E. Assist to implement the college strategic plan and vision.
F. Implement the HR staff policies pertaining to maintenance and construction.
G. Work closely with Finance in terms of budget and project spending.
H. Conduct the annual performance reviews of the maintenance and construction staff.
I. Conduct, together with a finance staff and relevant departments an annual inventory checking and verification of all college possessions.
J. Responsible for welfare of all maintenance workers.
K. Weekly reports and briefings with the principal in terms of the last and current week’s plan. These reports must be on time.
L. Responsible for the implementation of the Key Performance Indicators of the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan as follows:
- KPI 3.5 – Improved library facilities. Expansion of physical library infrastructure.
- KPI 6.1 – Completion of transition to University Feasibility Study.
- KPI 6.3 – Investment plan Increased investment – Increased funding by development partners.
- KPI 7.1 – Campus Development Plan – Campus Expansion Plan rolled out incrementally over life of SP and that the Campus Development Plan targets are met.
- KPI 7.2 – Faculty, Staff & Student Accommodation, Increased faculty, student and staff accommodation units. Accommodation targets are met.
- KPI 7.4 – Earth Justice Advocacy Initiative – Renewable energy resources on all campuses/facilities. Renewable Energy Resources targets are met.
- KPI 8.5 – ICT needs for the new University Feasibility assessment completed for the IT needs to facilitate the transition from college to university. University facility is up and running with complementary IT system in place.
- KPI 9.4 – Project management capacity – Increased project management capacity. Project management capacity is strengthened.
- Refer PTC Strategic Plan for all KPI’s.
M. Must meet all the ‘deadlines’ of projects and requests from the principal and the University transition properties working groups with no delays.
N. Any other tasks requested by the Principal or Vice Principal.
Closing Date is 31st March 2023
Submit applications with current CV along with references (required with the application) from at least two credible referees with their contacts. Applications can be submitted electronically by email to the Principal’s Personal Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, send via postal mail to the address: The Principal, Pacific Theological College, Private Mail Bag, Suva.