Dr Kiki serves as the Academic Dean of the College, and as Senior Lecturer and Head of Department of Church Ministry.
Dr Kiki has served fifteen years as a public school teacher, parish pastor and lecturer in theological and teacher education institutions in Papua New Guinea (PNG). He holds degrees from Martin Luther Seminary, PNG, Wartburg Theological Seminary, USA, and Charles Sturt University, Australia. Dr Kiki’s published PhD dissertation (2009) is in the area of cultural contextualization of education-a translation of Papua New Guinean and Melanesian epistemology into an educational praxis, hence a religious/indigenous education study. At PTC, Dr Kiki teaches courses in the areas of Christian education and ministry.
He took up a Senior Lectureship in Church Ministry at PTC in May 2011, and also serves as the Head of the Department of Church Ministry. Since 21 April 2016, he additionally serves as the Academic Dean of the College.
Contact & Other Websites
- email: email@example.com
- BTh (Martin Luther Seminary, PNG) 1993
- MA (Wartburg Theological Seminary, USA) 1997
- PhD (Theology) (Charles Sturt University, Australia) 2008
Research & Teaching Interests
Research interests include (in no particular order):
- Contextual theology
- Sociology and religion
- Cross-cultural education
Recent publications (since 2000)
- Kiki, Gwayaweng L. (2009). Wokabout-Karikulum: A Community Praxis for Theological Education Training in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Papua New Guinea. Köln, Germany: Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Kiki, Gwayaweng & Edmund A. Parker (2008) “Issues in Seminary Education for the Evangelical Lutheran Church Papua New Guinea.” Journal of Religious Education 56 (2) 32-39.