Search PTC Site
- Vacancy: Principal of The Pacific Theological College 2018-05-03The Council of the College is seeking a Principal to take office in January 2019, and invites applications from suitably qualified persons by 24 August 2018. The Pacific Theological College is an ecumenical institution established in Fiji to serve the … Continue reading →
- Vacancy: PTCEE Course Materials Developer 2018-04-27The Pacific Theological College is growing its Extension Education services and seeks a highly skilled and motivated course materials developer. Working from material produced by PTC’s teachers and other Pacific writers, you will be responsible for the editing, design and … Continue reading →
- Conference: Churches Tackling Gender-Based Violence (April 2018) 2018-02-25In April 2018 the Pacific Theological College and the New Zealand Institute for Pacific Research hosted a conference at the PTC in Suva: Churches Tackling Gender-Based Violence: Preventing Violence, Reporting Perpetrators, Restoring Survivors 12-13 April 2018 Purpose The primary purposes … Continue reading →
- New pages for PTCEE and IMR 2017-11-25Both the PTC Education by Extension programme (PTCEE) and the Institute for Mission and Research (IMR) have their own, freshly designed pages on a subdomain of PTC’s website. There are links to these pages in the ‘Quick Links’ section at … Continue reading →
- Public Seminar: Latin American Liberation Theology and its Legacies (12 October 2017) 2017-10-10The Theology and Ethics Department of the PTC is pleased to host a Public Seminar on “Latin American Liberation Theology and its Legacies” with Prof. David Tombs, Director of Centre for Theology and Public Issues, University of Otago 3pm Thursday … Continue reading →
- Vacancy: Principal of The Pacific Theological College 2018-05-03
Design, graphics & text
© (2012-) PTC;
all rights reserved.
The PTC website may have links to external websites. We are not responsible for their content.
The 2015 College Handbook has been uploaded – please feel free to view or download it.
PTC invites applications for either one full-time or two part-time (50%) posts in (a) Academic Skills / Research Skills, and (b) English Language Support. Details are on the ‘Vacancies’ page.
PTC is pleased to announce that the new Director of the PTC Education by Extension programme, Rev Val Ogden, is now taking up her post at PTC. Welcome!
PTC welcomes Andrew Connelly, our latest visiting lecturer, who will teach a BD and a Master’s course in the Church History department during semester-half 2B of 2014.
Andrew Connelly has submitted his PhD thesis (on colonial and indigenous histories in the Trobriand Islands) at the Australian National University in Canberra and is currently awaiting results.
The application deadline for the faculty position in Old Testament Studies has been extended; please see the vacancies page for details.
On August 28, 2014, acting upon the recommendations of the Appointments & Staff Review Committee, the Executive Committe of Council has appointed three existing teaching faculty members as professors under the new four-tier job title scheme for teaching faculty which came into effect in January 2014:
- Rev. Dr. Feleterika Uili Nokise: as Professor of Ecumenism;
- Dr. Manfred Ernst as Professor of Research and Social Analysis;
- Dr. Holger Szesnat as Professor of Biblical Literature and Languages.
The Department of Biblical Studies at PTC is urgently looking for two temporary teaching faculty members (rank: open) to teach two Masters-level courses each in an intensive mode (3-4 weeks in October 2014). See our ‘vacancies‘ page for more details.
PTC is seeking to employ three new lecturers, one each for Old Testament, Church History, and Theology & Ethics (rank open).
PTC welcomes a new faculty member for the Department of Theology and Ethics, Rev. Dr. Upolu Vaai of the Congregational Christian Church Samoa. Dr. Vaai replaces Rev. Dr. Cliff Bird, who served PTC for six years; Dr. Bird now works for the Uniting Church of Australia in their new regional office in Suva.