We are looking for a Carpenter & Handyman to be part of our Maintenance Team based working on a full time Position based in Suva.
The candidate is honest, efficient, accurate, enthusiastic and a team player, able to perform assigned carpentry, joinery, tile and brick laying, etc. The candidate requires minimum supervision.
- Ability to construct a full building, including constructing building frameworks, brick walls, floors, and doorframes
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
- At least 3 years proven experience as carpenter.
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction including installing structures and fixtures.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read master infrastructure plans including any technical documents and drawings.
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is desirable but not essential.
- Values respect of others including the willingness to work in a multicultural and multi-religious community
- Assisting in College Events if needed.
- Any other works assigned by The College Principal.
Depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications to include a CV with 3 references and sent to:
Maintenance and Construction Manager
Pacific Theological College,
Private Mail Bag,
Ph: 3311100 / 9943036
Closing Date for Applications is Wednesday 14th August, 2019.