TERMS OF REFERENCE
Information Technology Administrator
The Information Technology Administrator is responsible for all hands-on and day-to-day IT aspects, covering all technology operations, serving faculty, staff and students. The IT Administrator will be the technical product and system owner, to manage existing systems and lead the development of new projects including change requests, installations, upgrades, from inception through to delivery into a production environment, and to manage all IT capabilities. The collaborative and consultative nature of the role requires the capacity to work with people at all levels in an organization. Other critical IT Systems to be developed and supported are related to project management, financial management and external web platforms. The main responsibility of developing long term relationships with internal clients and consulting on the IT functions, services, best practices and methodologies in the development and delivery of information system solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or networking, information systems, computer science or a related ICT field. An undergraduate in their final year is also welcome to apply with relevant work experience.
- A relevant certificate in project management
Professional certifications (e.g.
Cisco Certified Network
Associate (CCNA) Routing
& Switching, Comp TIA A+, CompTIA
Security+, Microsoft Certified
Solutions Associate (MCSA),
etc.) in an ICT
- Ability to lead a small team
- Minimum five years’ of progressively responsible professional experience in an enterprise ICT environment with expertise in the following areas – networking, system administration, management information systems, ICT project management, cybersecurity, web-based software development, database administration, and open source technology
- Experience in handling servers, cisco hardware, firewall, UTM appliances, VPN technology, backup and PABX system
- Administer and maintain office servers (Mail, Active Directory, and others) and all LAN/WAN equipment, drive-mapping, configuring network printer & providing user access, periodically updating software and configurations as well as the copies of the systems and databases.
- Ensure internet availability and reliability, working with ISP to make sure that Internet services are working well and properly managed.
- Experience in management and development of websites using WordPress
- Maintain an awareness of developing technologies and their application and take some responsibility for driving internal development.
- Provide procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases and assessing needs and developing terms of references
- Assist with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and support needs.
- Experience in drafting proposals and reports
- Ensure safety and security of all computerized data, information, files and documents
- Implement and apply ICT policies, strategies and plans to ensure optimal performance of the College computers
- Provide computer training as well as trouble shooting and ad-hoc technical assistance to users.
- Maintain documentation of processes, procedures and troubleshooting guides including tracking vendor service requests through completion
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-religious community by respecting people of different religious, ethnic, gender, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work towards and support the vision of the college
Skills and Other Attributes
- Strong User engagement and communication skills
- A strategic thinker with the ability to lead by example demonstrating an ability to deliver set tasks, objectives and strategic priorities
- Excellent working level of English language in both writing and speaking
- Ability to manage and work well in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work in an organized and systematic manner.
- Ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to the ideas, interests and concerns of others
- Utilizes diversity to foster teamwork
- Ensures others understanding of, involvement in, adaptation to a change process
- Able to work under challenging circumstances with minimum supervision
- A knowledge of industry quality standards and best practice
The IT Administrator is accountable to The College Principal & Management of the Pacific Theological College
Upon successfully serving six months’ probation, and given satisfactory performance, the candidate will then be offered a potentially renewable 3 years’ contract.
Salary will depend on expertise and experience aligned with the annual salary scale approved by the HR committee. Starting salary for this positon would be $20,000 per annum.
Applications for this position will close on 16 August 2019. We regret that late applications will not be considered.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to submit their current CV along with a supporting letter of motivation no more than two pages, with contact details of at least two referees.
Applications can be submitted electronically by e-mail to: Sanjeet.Singh@ptc.ac.fj .Alternatively, hand deliver to PTC reception desk or send via postal mail to the addressed to:
Mr. Sanjeet Pratap Singh
The Director Finance & Administration
Pacific Theological College
Private Mail Bag Suva.