The Pacific Theological College is growing its Extension Education services and seeks a highly skilled and motivated course materials developer. Working from material produced by PTC’s teachers and other Pacific writers, you will be responsible for the editing, design and production of courses in digital, print and multi-media forms. Currently at Certificate, Diploma and Bachelors level, the courses will thoroughly reflect the College’s vision and ethos through their attention to Pacific and Oceanic context for mission and ministry. Previous experience of or a vibrant, current interest in theology, mission and Pacific church and society issues is highly desirable. You will deliver this work as a key player within a small, dynamic and creative Extension Education team.
- to coordinate and develop the PTC Extension Education (PTCEE) range of courses
- to ensure that PTCEE courses cohere with and complement the rest of PTC’s provision
- to maintain a rolling programme of updates and revision of present materials
- to commission and bring to completion new course material from Pacific theologians
- to ensure compliance and quality assurance according to required standards
- to encourage innovative, digital and multi-media developments in course production
- to build up digital and print based repositories of material; affordable and open access
- to deal with matters relating to copyright and publishers
(E = Essential. D = Desirable)
- excellent, hands-on skills in the editing and design of educational materials in English (E)
- excellent, hands-on skills in the use of MS Office and other editing/design software (E)
- ability to negotiate course development priorities, set targets and deliver (E)
- ability to work reliably, respectfully and cheerfully as a team player (E)
- working knowledge of MOODLE or a comparable VLE (D)
- a visible, track record in multi-media course design (D)
- familiarity with the world of Pacific theological education (D)
Applications by 14 May 2018 to the Director, PTC Extension Education.
Email: email@example.com Landline: +679 330 7989. Mobile: +679 908 0754
Please indicate clearly the skills and experience you would bring to meet the above requirements and include transcripts of relevant qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.