The Council of the College is seeking a Principal to take office in January 2019, and invites applications from suitably qualified persons by 24 August 2018.
The Pacific Theological College is an ecumenical institution established in Fiji to serve the needs of the Churches of the Pacific by preparing students for its diploma and degrees:
- Diploma in Theological Studies
- Bachelor of Divinity
- Master of Theology
- Doctor of Philosophy
The Principal must have the ability to act as academic, administrative, spiritual leader and as pastoral guide to a varied community, where study, research, worship, and training are united in the life of an extended family. The person chosen would have served in an ecumenical setting and is expected to be committed to the College’s ecumenical orientation.
The Council will expect all applicants from the region to be nominated by a member Church of the College in good standing and those outside the region to be endorsed by their Church. Application forms will be sent to persons so named.
Letters of inquiry and application should be addressed to:
The Chairperson of the College Council/Executive Committee
Pacific Theological College
Private Mail Bag
and further information will be supplied, together with an Application Form.
- Academic: Ph.D. or equivalent in Theology or social science, preferably with some Pacific research.
- Practical experience in full-time Christian ministry for at least 5 years.
- Previous experience of teaching in a recognized field of theology at tertiary level.
- Evidence of competence in, and familiarity with administration and management.
- Inter-personal relations: Ability to work with people of various cultures (particularly Pacific Island nation cultures) and denominations, and to promote fellowship and unity.
- Pacific Islanders and ordained ministers, both men and women, are especially encouraged to apply, and their applications will be given preferential consideration.