- In July 2015 at the Annual conference of the Methodist Church in Samoa, Dr. Vaai lauched his new book Matua Gagana: Le Tusi Paia ma lona Faitauga Loloto mai le Itulagi o Samoa. Prof. Fele Nokise, principal of the Pacific Theological College, was the guest speaker at the launching.
- The PTC is partnering with the Pacific Conference of Churches on delivering consultations throughout the Pacific member churches on ‘Ecumenical Renewal’. The PTC, through the work of Dr. Vaai, is promoting ‘Pacific Relational hermeneutics’ as a ground-up approach and way forward to renewing Ecumenism and Pacific development.
- As part of PTC’s ongoing influence on providing a moral compass to challenge Pacific social issues, Dr. Vaai presented a keynote address titled ‘Relational Hermeneutics: Rethinking Pacific Development from the Ground-Up’ to the ‘Rethinking Oceania Consultation’ held in Nadi in September. This consultation was sponsored by PIANGO and PCC.
- As part of the Theology and Ethics departmental development, Dr. Vaai will represent the Pacific to the G20 Interfaith Summit this November to be held at Istanbul Turkey where he will present a paper on ‘Religion, Harmony, and Sustainable Development in the Pacific’.
Search PTC Site
- Vacancy: Principal of The Pacific Theological College 2018-05-03The Council of the College is seeking a Principal to take office in January 2019, and invites applications from suitably qualified persons by 24 August 2018. The Pacific Theological College is an ecumenical institution established in Fiji to serve the … Continue reading →
- Conference: Churches Tackling Gender-Based Violence (April 2018) 2018-02-25In April 2018 the Pacific Theological College and the New Zealand Institute for Pacific Research hosted a conference at the PTC in Suva: Churches Tackling Gender-Based Violence: Preventing Violence, Reporting Perpetrators, Restoring Survivors 12-13 April 2018 Purpose The primary purposes … Continue reading →
- New pages for PTCEE and IMR 2017-11-25Both the PTC Education by Extension programme (PTCEE) and the Institute for Mission and Research (IMR) have their own, freshly designed pages on a subdomain of PTC’s website. There are links to these pages in the ‘Quick Links’ section at … Continue reading →
- Public Seminar: Latin American Liberation Theology and its Legacies (12 October 2017) 2017-10-10The Theology and Ethics Department of the PTC is pleased to host a Public Seminar on “Latin American Liberation Theology and its Legacies” with Prof. David Tombs, Director of Centre for Theology and Public Issues, University of Otago 3pm Thursday … Continue reading →
- PTC Bazaar Scheduled for 26 August 2017 2017-08-09The PTC will host a bazaar on Saturday 26 August 2017 from 9am to 3pm at its campus in Vuya Road, Nasese, Suva. There will be entertainment, food, and stalls. Fun for all the family.
- Vacancy: Principal of The Pacific Theological College 2018-05-03
Design, graphics & text
© (2012-) PTC;
all rights reserved.
The PTC website may have links to external websites. We are not responsible for their content.