Search PTC Site
- Conference: Churches Tackling Gender-Based Violence (April 2018) 2018-02-25In April 2018 the Pacific Theological College and the New Zealand Institute for Pacific Research will host a conference at the PTC in Suva. The details are: Churches Tackling Gender-Based Violence: Preventing Violence, Reporting Perpetrators, Restoring Survivors 12-13 April 2018 … Continue reading →
- New pages for PTCEE and IMR 2017-11-25Both the PTC Education by Extension programme (PTCEE) and the Institute for Mission and Research (IMR) have their own, freshly designed pages on a subdomain of PTC’s website. There are links to these pages in the ‘Quick Links’ section at … Continue reading →
- Public Seminar: Latin American Liberation Theology and its Legacies (12 October 2017) 2017-10-10The Theology and Ethics Department of the PTC is pleased to host a Public Seminar on “Latin American Liberation Theology and its Legacies” with Prof. David Tombs, Director of Centre for Theology and Public Issues, University of Otago 3pm Thursday … Continue reading →
- PTC Bazaar Scheduled for 26 August 2017 2017-08-09The PTC will host a bazaar on Saturday 26 August 2017 from 9am to 3pm at its campus in Vuya Road, Nasese, Suva. There will be entertainment, food, and stalls. Fun for all the family.
- PTC now an FNPF Approved Education Institute 2017-06-09The Pacific Theological College is one of the higher education provider in Fiji to achieve this prestigious accreditation from the Fiji National Provident Fund. Local students can now take this advantage to pay there fees through the FNPF Education Assistance … Continue reading →
- Conference: Churches Tackling Gender-Based Violence (April 2018) 2018-02-25
Design, graphics & text
© (2012-) PTC;
all rights reserved.
The PTC website may have links to external websites. We are not responsible for their content.
Author Archives: ptcacf
The 2013 Peacebuilding workshop is currently being run at the Jovili Meo Mission Centre (10 – 28 June). This is the third time this three-week training event takes place. Participants from all over the Pacific learn and practice the theory … Continue reading
The launch of the book, “Voices of the People – Perceptions and Preconditions for Democratic Development in Fiji”, took place on 20 February 2013 in the Civic Centre in Suva. The presence of about 300 people including representatives from different … Continue reading
Starting with the academic year 2012, the redesigned MTh and PgDipl programmes will come into operation. The Postgraduate Diploma in Theological Studies (PgDipl) is now a programme in its own right to which students may apply, or to which they … Continue reading
Starting with the academic year 2012, the Bachelor of Divinity programme, which is our oldest academic programme, taught since the inception of PTC in 1965, will become more flexible and accessible. We have amalgamated the old BD and BTh programmes … Continue reading
Beginning with the academic year 2012, PTC switches to a semesterised system to bring it into line with other tertiary education providers in Fiji. Each semester will be divided into two independent blocks, effectively creating four distinct teaching periods. Courses … Continue reading
Following a PTC Council resolution, PTC will launch four exciting new Undergraduate Certificate programmes in mid-2012: Social Analysis Peace and Conflict Analysis Counselling Leadership and Management Click here for more information
Professor Jonathan Lawrence taught Old Testament courses at PTC in September 2011, and wrote up his experience on the website of the Society of Biblical Literature (please click on the link for more information).
Work on new website design started in 2012. This will make maintenance and flexibility of design more manageable. We plan to ‘go live’ with this new design in early 2013.
On October 21st 2009, at the Jovili Meo Mission Centre of PTC, Professor Vijay Naidu launched the PTC-producd book “The Pacific Islands at the Beginning of the 21st Century”. Professor Naidu is Head of the School of Government, Development and … Continue reading